I am a terrible blogger.

I've gone to the gym 6 times since March 16th.  That may not seem like a lot to you avid gym go-ers but, for this skinny beyotch it is.  I can already notice a difference in my body.  Not that I've got massive pipes and abs or anything (i wish) but, just in my strength.

The first day we went I was all over the places with some of the machine - super wobbly (not my balance but, the control I had over them or lack thereof) but, now I can feel that I'm starting to have control over my muscles.  Maybe it's my imagination but, whatever.  It makes me feel good about myself and makes me want to go to the gym!

I'm also at the point now too where I'm comfortable enough with the equipment to go by myself.  I haven't yet (D and I always go together) but, I want to try going in the mornings before work.  I just need to get myself organized enough to start doing it.  So, until then we go first thing after work.

Last night I worked on my abs and arms mostly but, I did 10.12 miles (16.3km) on the stationary bike.  My endurance is totally increasing too (again, maybe not be much to you crazy athletic folk but, for scrawny sticks like me it is..) I've increased the amount of resistance/weight I do and the number of reps! Damien gets a kick out of my "strain faces." I have to admit they're pretty stellar.

I said I wasn't going to weigh myself but, I couldn't help it.  I've gained 2.6lbs since the 16th.  And it's not a coincidence or because I need to have a big poop.  I weighted myself 2 days ago and again today and I was still at the 2.6lbs gain! My weight does tend to fluctuate by about 2lbs but, I never go above a certain weight or below (a weight that shall not be named;) But, that 2lbs fluctuation tends to leave my regular weight at the bottom end of the 2lbs.

I did however gain 4lbs when I went to YK last June.   But, it was due to all the junk we ate.  The girls couldn't wait for me to come home so they could get their eating habits back on track! I do have a gift of making others gain a shit ton of weight... just ask poor damien lol

We always go in the steam room and hot tub post workout (pretty sure that's my fav part).  Sometimes we get in the pool and I tread water for a bit but, it depends how jelly-like I am post workout.  Last night I could hardly walk down the stairs to get to the change rooms.  It's such a good hurt tho! This morning too when I rolled over pain went all throughout my shoulders and traps.  But, it made me feel productive.

I've also been golfing at the driving range quite a bit and I can notice a difference there too! My core is already starting to strengthen and I definitely have more control over my clubs! You use a lot of your muscles when golfing - arms, legs, back, wrists, shoulders, etc.  I'm hoping my posture will improve too.  It's pretty pathetic right now.

I went shopping for gym attire on Sunday.  I went to lulu but, it was an absolute gong show so I ventured to victorias secret.  I bought 2 workout tops and a pair of yoga pants! I reallyyyyyyyy like the pants.  More so than lulu I think but, the real test will be to see how they handle the washer.  They're 40 bucks cheaper than lulus too! I will keep you fellow lulu addicts posted on the VS trial! Below are pics of the top but, I can't find the pants on the website! Same series as the tops tho!




 I need to buy some sort of supplement just to get some extra protein and stuff after I workout! Recommendations anyone?

 Just waiting for D to get home from work now and we're off to the gym again!

I'll leave you with this...
Anyone else have an irrational fear they're going to pee when they're in a hot tub? Every time I have a bath the second my feet hit the water I need to pee.  So, now I'm afraid the same thing is gonna happen when I get in the hot tub at the gym.  If anyone was gonna accidentally piss in a hot tub.. it'd be me.

peace out
- K :)


Comments

Popular Posts