Here it goes...

My muscles are tender today.  Why? Because I went to the gym yesterday for the first time in pretty much ever.  My boyfriend bought us gym memberships on Thursday and I actually got off my ass.. @0830 in the morning mind you (fist pump) to give working out a go.  As a result, I've decided to make a blog about my adventures. (hopefully by blogging about my adventure it will make me stick to it.. i get bored very easily and am probably the least patient person in existence.. so, if I don't start to see results (and fast).. well, we all know I'll have a very cranky boyfriend because I'll stop going)

The Adventure of a skinny girl who is tired of people asking her if she eats.  Just trying to be less skinny and more fit basically.


That picture was taken last March in the Dominican Republic.  I'm the exact same size.  I have been since... well, forever basically.  My goal when I graduated high school was to gain 20 lbs.  That definitely hasn't happened.  Not for the lack of eating big macs (with no lettuce of course) and everything full of carbs, saturated and trans fats.  Hello KFCs Toonie Tuesday.

If people who feel over weight (and for some who are) have seen miracles at the gym from exercising and eating right.. then maybe I can too!  Follow me as I do something that totally scares me.  Come off it crazy lady.. why is the gym so scary? Reason? The very first time I ever went to the gym (it was in university.. I'm from a small town in rural Newfoundland where a gym didn't exist) some huge football player with no neck asked me why I was at the gym.  Yes asshole, I'm sure the measly 5lbs weight I'm using is some how affecting your workout.  So, I never went back.


When we went yesterday the gym was filled with older people (who were probably asking themselves why I was there) but, at least none of them had the courage to ask.  Thank god because Damien would have lost out of a bunch of money.  Definitely would not have gone back.  I'm more brave today.  If someone asks me today why I'm there... I'll utter profanity at them. (hey it's what i do) :) I also didn't have to contend with drop dead gorgeous bombshells. phew.  i hate those bitches.  Mainly because I'm jealous.  I admit it.


My close friends get it.  Or at least they pretend too and do a great job at it.  I've always been way under weight and way too tall.  I'm actually not all that tall but, my skinny stature makes me appear as if I'm a giant.  As a kid I was constantly dragged to a pediatrician.  She had bright orange/red hair (clearly dyed) and wore insane clothing.  Now that I think about it she probably had some sort of manic disorder.  I was forced to drink strawberry or vanilla ensure.  To this day I cringe at the thought.  Such horrific memories.  When I worked in palliative I'd almost throw up every time I had to open a can of ensure or boost.  Brings me back to the days of crying and being force fed the grossness.

I'm not going to step on a scale very often.  Those thing scare the bejesus out of me.  Even more so than the gym itself.  But, if I stick to going to the gym (I will because Damien will kill me...) and actually start to see results maybe I'll do a picture blog to show my progress.  I really don't think I'm going to gain that much weight but, I definitely hope I gain a little bit.  I needs me some muskles, yo.  

My goal is to tone myself and maybe have defined abs.  I'm hoping I can do it but, only time will tell!

I'm going to the gym in a few minutes for workout #2.  Secretly, I'm super excited about using the hot tub post workout today.  And maybe even the wave pool.  That thing looks so fun!

Wish me luck!

PS: Post workout&hot tub I'm going to eat a sammach and drink a glass of milk! HA!


-K :)

Comments

  1. Best of luck Krista! You're totally taking the right approach. I've given up paying attention to the number on the scale and focus exclusively on healthy, nutritious food and lots of exercise. You'll be amazed at how good it makes you feel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrys :) Damien's super motivated (he's lost 30lbs by just eating better) to get into shape! So, his motivation will help me for sure! I already feel better after just 1 workout! It's crazy!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts