Note to self.. you're not 20 anymore.

Went out for a friends birthday on Friday evening.  'Appy Birtday Nikilicious! "oh.. I'm not going to drink." i lied.  I got shittered.  Wouldn't be so bad but, we had planned a 10ish km snowshoeing adventure in the mountains on Saturday morning.

I didn't have time to go to the gym on Friday evening. once I got home from work we had to be DT for 6pm but, I really wanted to go and started to get ready then realized if I did we'd never get there on time.

The alarm went off at 0630 yesterday morning and I wanted to die. We had to be at a friends house for 0730 to head out to the mountains because it was about a 1.5h drive to get to our hiking spot! I may or may not have thrown up several times before leaving the house but, I had to suck it up and go on the hike.   As I was packing my bag to go I had to lay down about 16 times before I got the 5 or 6 things together lol

We made a pit stop to McDonalds but, I was so not interested in food because of the nausea.  I took an emergen-c and about 20 mins later I felt like a whole new person.  Still tired/dragged out but, the headache and upset belly were gone.  I dunno if it was a fluke or not but, I'm gonna stock up and test it again.  Maybe some weekend in September i'll be ready to drink again. lol

We finally got at shandas and then headed to the Kananaskis.  We did this hike.  It was freaking hard (since I wasn't feeling that great).  All up hill!  But, the view at the end was well worth it.  We were right at the base of a mountain.  I had never been so close to them before.  It was phenomenal.  Totally regret not taking my camera but, I was in no shape to think about taking my camera when we were heading out the door.  I can't wait to do the same hike this summer.

The weather was so nice.  Of course I dressed in layers upon layers because I'm ALWAYS cold.  Well.  That was a mistake.  I was dying.  It was so warm we all ended up with crazy sunburns!

This was the view from Chester Lake

I'm always in awe of the mountains each and every time we head there but, being so close to them was insane.

Remember when I said the hike up to the mountains was all up hill? Well as we started our descent back down to the car (post picnic where all damien packed us were granola bars..) this is what we saw... they weren't lying.  Thank god for snowshoes because it was slippy with all the melting snow!


After we got back into the City we went to Spicy Hut (if you like Thai food def. check this place out. Best cashew chicken I've had thus far.  We've eaten there a bunch of times and have never been disappointed.  We love hole in the wall restaurants) and then back to Shandas where we drank our faces off again.. Round #2.  It started with 4 of us and by the end of the night there were probably about 20 people.  Most random party ever but, so much fun! Poor damien was a hurting unit today.  Total role reversal because I had to take care of him.

This is how I spent my day today

I'm off to bed but, probably won't sleep because I pretty much slept til 6pm.  The gym awaits me tomorrow :)

-K

Comments

Popular Posts