Trainer session 1.

Had my first session with a personal trainer tonight and signed up for 10 weekly sessions (ohmigodohmigodohmigod)

Tonight was just a basic get to know each other and develop my goals, talk about my current fitness and nutrition status, etc.

  • Goal #1: Be able to ROCK a bikini by our trip in December.  Hopefully, that goal will be met long before December.. (destination TBD.. anyone have any recommendations?)
  • Goal #2: Gain 15lbs. eat some serious shit, haters.

I've had goal #2 since I graduated high school in 2001.  It was actually 20lbs and 12 years later i'm still no where near achieving that. However, I have gained and kept 5lbs on since I started the gym in March. :D

E. did a bunch of measurements tonight.. basically my whole body.  When she did my biceps she said.. "Wow. You have big biceps for someone your size" AWW YEAH BITCHES... i was as proud as a peacock..I can't even explain how awesome it made me feel.  I did that all on my own in just a few weeks.  So, I can't imagine what strides I will take with E. assisting me.

My right bicep is a little bigger than my left as I'm right handed but, she said we'd work on that so they're both the same size lol

This week I basically have to get my eating in check.  I need to eat 5-6 meals a day (eat roughly q3h) and ensure that I have a protein with each meal/snack.  I keep track of my meals on myfitnesspal and I'm eating OK I just need to tweak things a bit (not tweaking like the gummy bears that used to frequent the street corner by our apartment downtown;)

I also learned tonight that the body will only absorb ~20g of protein at a time (i did bad in nutrition at university lol) so, when i have my protein shakes it contains 32g of protein so it's a waste really.. for most people that excess can turn into fat but, my body doesn't store fat so as a result my metabolism will just work harder to burn it off. eff you metabolism.

I've also committed to going to the pure strength class tomorrow night and spin class on sunday morning.  I will definitely golf one day this weekend too! Now, I actually am accountable to someone (other than myself) and won't want to let her down.

I keep having flashbacks from spin class and holy moses.. I hope I survive.  Jodi told me to do a blog entry play by play of spin class but, it probably wouldn't make for a nice read if every 2nd word was holy see you next tuesday. lol

Anyone have any good recipes for shakes, etc they'd like to share? :)

-K.


motivation

Comments

Popular Posts